Applications will open later this year for the third round of the Stronger Safety Communities Reserve (SSCR).
The fund is a South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Authority scheme which reinvests money into local communities to support our work to prevent emergencies. The money has been set aside from the Authority’s reserves.
More than 40 projects won funding during two previous open bidding rounds, which you can read about here
SSCR Fund Information Event
To help potential applicants prepare for the bidding process, an information event will be held on 4 August at the fire service Training & Development Centre on Beaver Hill Road, Handsworth, Sheffield.
Speakers at the event will include successful applicants from the second open bidding round, including:
- Edlington Community Association
- Crisis Skylight South Yorkshire
- Barnsley NHS Trust Specialist Midwives
- SpeakUp Self – Advocacy
Delegates will also be advised on the application process, the funding criteria they must meet and the proposed tools for evaluating the successful projects.
The funding for round three projects will be allocated according to some clearly defined themes, based on analysis of the fire service’s risk criteria. These themes are:
- Water safety– particularly targeting children and young adults
- Excluded groups– including BAME and faith communities, LGBT and Roma communities
- Mental health– with hoarding, social isolation, dementia and substance misuse some specific issues to address
- Arson– particularly deliberate setting of small fires by young people
- Road traffic collisions– particularly focussing on young drivers
- Health and social care– health related issues affecting older people, such as falls
Round 3 Timeline
- Fund open for applications 1 September
- Closing date for applications 12 noon 30 September
- SYFR Task and finish groups meet 2 to 14 October to assess applications
- Assessment board meets w/c 23 October to make recommendations
- Recommendations for approval for funded projects to Fire Authority on 27 November
- Approved projects notified w/c 27 November
- Projects launch 1 January 2018
For more information please contact the SSCR co-ordinator, Toni Tranter on email@example.com