Update April 2021 – Covid-19, Coronavirus:
As an emergency service, our first priority is the public and to maintain our service to them, as such our workforce must be prepared to be as flexible as possible meaning some personnel may need to work in different locations or be diverted away from certain tasks to temporarily work outside normal roles and responsibilities during this extraordinary period. With this in mind, it is possible we may take longer than 20 working days to supply information for Freedom of Information Requests. We have sought advice from the Information Commissioner who recognises that longer time may be needed during this time. Please be assured we are doing all we can to process requests and we thank you for your patience in these understandable delays during this pandemic.
South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue is committed to promoting and actively enhance a culture of openness, transparency and accountability. If you are unable to find the information you are looking for on our website, under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) you have a right of access to all types of ‘recorded’ information held by us.
What happens when you make a Freedom of Information request:
- We will acknowledge your request within 5 working days
- Confirm or deny that we hold the information requested
- Provide you with the information you have asked for within 20 working days of receiving your request
- Inform you of any exemptions under the FOIA, if we are not releasing the information you want
If we calculate that your request would cost more than £450 to collate and provide the information you have requested (this is more than 18 working hours for one member of staff), we will work out the cost and issue a Fee’s Notice to you and if the fee is paid within 3 months, we will provide the information.
You can read our FOI Policy here.
How to make a freedom of information request
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via our Contacts page http://www.syfire.gov.uk/contact/
- @SYFR on Twitter
- South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue on Facebook
OR you can write to us:
Information and Governance Manager
South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue,
197 Eyre Street,
When making a request:
- It must be in writing (email, letter, fax or via our Facebook or Twitter page).
- Include a contact name and a correspondence address so that we can provide you with a response. A telephone number would also be useful should we need to contact you to clarify your request.
- Describe the information required.
If you have any questions regarding FOI please do not hesitate to get in touch by emailing email@example.com. Please ask for assistance if you have any difficulty in formulating or making an application and we will be more than happy to provide you with assistance.
You can read our FOI Policy here for more information.
Under FOIA, we also have to publish a Publication Scheme. This sets out the classes of information we hold, what we routinely publish and where, and whether a charge will be made for the type of information. Quite a lot of information about us is available elsewhere on this website, so before you submit an FOI request, please check out our Publication Scheme, as you may find the information you want without needing to make a specific request.