What: Free fire safety seminar for care homes
When: Wednesday 3 June, 9.30am to 2pm
Where: South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue, Training & Development Centre, Beaver Hill Road, Handsworth, Sheffield, S13 9QA
A free event will help care home managers to avoid their premises becoming one of more than 10,000 UK businesses which suffer a serious fire every year.
The South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue seminar will focus on how residential care homes can improve fire safety measures through the use of suppression systems, plus the steps managers should take to ensure their business can continue to operate in the event of a critical incident occurring on their site.
Presentations will also cover:
- What will happen when your premises is audited under the Regulatory (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Benefits of sprinkler and other fire suppression systems, including local case studies
- An overview of South Yorkshire Fire Authority’s Stronger Safer Community Reserve fund
- Case studies from Sheffield Housing and Sheffield Council on resilience at residential care homes under their management
- Business continuity planning
Lunch and refreshments will also be provided.
Places at this event are strictly limited so please contact us today to secure your place.
To book, email email@example.com.
Please note that places are limited to two people per premises. Further details and a full agenda will be sent to you once your place has been secured.