How safe are your older relatives?
For our latest campaign we’re asking people tofind the timeto visitthe older people in their livesand go through our Grandparent Check, which asksa series of questionsincluding whether they live alone, smoke, need a walking aid and use emollient creams.
Our statistics show that fire risk can increase with age and, if you answer yes to any of the questions above in relation to an older friend, neighbour or relative,they may be at higher risk and be eligiblefor a free home safety checkby our staff. Check today by filling out ourhome safetycheck referral form, below.
In the meantime,help make them saferby:
- Making sure they have working smoke alarms
- Ensuring they’ve got a proper ash tray, if they smoke
- Getting them a working phone that stays with them all the time
- Speaking to them about what to do in the event of a fire
- Helping them de-clutter, particularly their exit routes
Home Safety Check referral form
The form below collects some personal information, which we will only use for the purposes described. You can find out more about how we collect and store personal information here.
If you’re filling this formfor someone else pleaseensure you enter their details on their behalf. Ensure that the contact number provided can be used to organise a visit.